We welcome the submission of articles for The Review concerning aspects of the Bailiwick of Guernsey, in particular:-
- Articles relating to aspects of the history of the islands of Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm and the other islands of the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
- Memoirs with a Guernsey connection.
- Family History articles with a Guernsey connection, including Guernsey families who have emigrated to other parts of the world.
- Biographies of men and women with a Guernsey connection who have made an impact in other parts of the world.
- Articles relating to the impact of World War II on the Guernsey people, including the German occupation, evacuees, deportees and those who served in the armed forces.
- Articles relating to the impact of World War I on Guernsey and island families.
- Poetry relating to or inspired by the Bailiwick
- Articles on Current Affairs including the activities of Government and Businesses
- Recent achievements of Guernsey people in the island or elsewhere.
- Book Reviews of books with a local interest – if you are interested in reviewing books, then please contact the editor.
We also publish letters and photographs with a local connection submitted by members.
Word length: articles are generally between 1,000 and 2,500 words – although longer articles may be considered (please contact the editor to discuss). Poetry should be no more than 60 lines.
Format: articles should ideally be in Microsoft Word format, or other compatible formats.
Publication: The Review is published three times a year. If your article is accepted for publication, we cannot guarantee which edition it will appear in.
Illustrations: All illustrations should be provided in standard formats (JPG, TIFF) at a resolution of at least 300 dpi. It is the responsibility of the author to secure the relevant permissions for publication, and to advise the Editor of any special wording or credits required.
Authors should not submit articles that are already under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Submission: articles should be submitted by email to the editor, with a completed version of the attached form (see below for link).
If you have any questions not covered here, please contact the editor using our Contact Form.